ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
GAZETTED EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
President: Address for communication: Secretary General:
Lokanath Mishra 240, Razapur, Ghaziabad-201001 (U.P.) Ravi Malik
Vice Presidents: Sampat Rai, Vatan Kamble (Central); Anurag Chaudhary, Ravi Joshi (North); A. Ravinder Singh, Rajan G. George (South); A. S. Roy, Shubhrangshu Deb (East); P. D. Nimhan, S. K. Jha (West)
Joint Secretaries: Anand Kishore, Laxmi Lal Singhvi (Central); N. N. Lal, R. K. Solanki (North); G. Srinath, S. Chandrasekar (South); Ashwini Majhi, V. N. Jha (East); G. K. Jhala, M. K. Misra (West)
Office Secretary: C.S.Sharma (Mob. 09313885411) Treasurer: N.R.Manda (Mob. 09871483585)
(Recognised by G.O.I., Min. of Fin. vide letter F.No. B. 12017/10/2006-Ad.IV A Dt.21.01.08)
Ref. No. 28/A/13 Dt. 04.02.14
Sh. P. Chidambaram,
The Hon’ble Finance Minister,
Govt. of India, New Delhi.
Sub: Revival of Satyagraha.
Kindly refer to the Ref. No. 93/A/12 Dt. 31.12.12, 27/H/13 Dt. 04.03.13, 33/A/12 Dt. 18.03.13, 34/A/12 Dt. 19.03.13, 44/A/12 Dt. 02.04.13, 54/A/13 Dt. 10.04.13, 68/A/13Dt. 26.04.13, 207/A/13 Dt. 22.07.13, 13/A/13 Dt. 20.01.14 etc. of the Association.
2. It is submitted with due regards that it was being expected to improve the career prospects of our officers as a result of the ensuing cadre restructuring. But very disappointingly & unfortunately, the temporary posts of Asstt. Commissioner have been created with the clause of no promotion to the promoted officers beyond this. As a drastic outcome, only 1% of our officers will be able to enter group ‘A’ at the fag end of career against regular posts without any hope for further promotion despite of the DOPT guidelines that the cadre restructuring should mean to mitigate the stagnation of the stagnated employees. Instead of taking some positive measures in accordance of the recommendations of the Cadre Review Committee to bring some specific measures for improvement of the career prospects of group B officers independent of the cadre restructuring, the CBEC is planning to increase the residency
period for promotion from group B non-gazetted to group B gazetted post and also from group B gazetted to JTS. Not only it, they are also planning to reduce the promotion quota for entry into group A by introduction of examination in the name of some recommendations of IInd Administrative Reforms Commission. No need to submit that this all is being done to limit our promotional avenues within the post of Superintendent.
3. As already submitted, our officers are retiring in PB2 after getting only one promotion in the service career of 35-40 years while other common entry counterparts of ours are easily entering & enjoying PB4 levels after getting 5-6 promotions. We are deprived of the due pay scale/pay band & grade pay and facing the worst career prospects. Our officers are getting promotion (if any) merely to Junior Time Scale while other counterparts of CPWD, CSS etc. to Senior Time Scale. The employee grievance redressal mechanism has totally failed. We are forced to work under the extreme juniors of Customs belonging to the same cadre. All of our officers are totally demoralised and have nothing to be job-satisfied or motivated. If career prospects were disclosed in the advertisement for recruitment, these officers would have never joined this job. The rights to grow, make progress and live with dignity have been snatched from us. There is no change in the scenario regarding our career prospects despite of the repeated representations, pleadings & requests being made by the Association for many decades. All of our grievances have been unredressed for decades despite of the assurances.
4. Everybody in the corridors of power of CBEC is worried only about the stature, interest & character of the IRS even for those officers who have not yet taken birth but nobody has any worry for the career prospects & job-satisfaction of the actual workforce (Central Excise Superintendents & Inspectors) already collecting the major portion of the government revenue. The DOPT Minister agreed to Sh. Punia, the Chairman of SC Commission, to consider the proposal devising specific measures to address the problem of stagnation of the Central Excise Superintendents & Inspectors, if referred to DOPT. It was expected that a proposal of parity with the best placed common entry counterparts would be mooted under
consultation with the Association by the CBEC on the lines of parity being granted to group ‘A’ officers with their best placed counterparts. But very unfortunately, no step has been taken till date on the issue for our officers who are already retiring with single promotion in the career in comparison to 5/6 promotions of their counterparts. This shows the mind-set of our IRS authorities to keep our officers retiring after single promotion by not allowing them even to enter the junior group ‘A’ whereas they have ensured upto 9 promotions for themselves in the ensuing cadre restructuring by creating the posts at Apex, HAG+ etc. levels in higher scales even without availability of the eligible officers and also without any functional requirement
. After 9th
promotion/retirement, they manage to be the Member or Chairman of any Authority or Commission. We have no grudge against them or anybody but request to grant such good things to us too.
5. In view of the above, the Association is forced to submit that the Satyagraha programme would be revived in the form of moral support to the programme of Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers to be held on 12.02.14 & 13.02.14 by observance of peaceful Shantigosthis in lunch hours on the said days before Headquarters offices under field formations throughout India by the members. The next step/s will be intimated in the due course.
Encl: Charter of demands.
Copy with the request for necessary action to-
1) The MOS, Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, North Block, New Delhi.
2) The Secretary, Department of Revenue, North Block, New Delhi.
3) The Chairperson, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
4) The Member (P&V), CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
5) The DG, HRD, CBEC, New Delhi.
6) The ADG, HRD (HRM), CBEC, New Delhi.
1. Immediate implementation of cadre restructuring.
2. Five functional promotions to all.
3. Scheme to improve the career prospects of Central Excise Superintendents/Inspectors independent of cadre restructuring to retire our officers in PB-4.
4. Next promotion of Central Excise Superintendent in STS like many other group ‘B’ gazetted officers.
5. A pay scale equivalent to the Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- in PB3 to the Superintendent of Central Excise w.e.f. the date of the grant of the same to the counterparts of IB, CBI etc. alongwith other perks as being granted to the analogous counterparts of IB & CBI.
6. Seniority benefit on promotion to group ‘A’ in lieu of the service rendered in group ‘B’.
7. Fulfilment of the commitments made during the presentation on cadre restructuring on 18.01.11.
8. Non-functional time scale in PB3 instead of PB2 to Superintendents after 4 years of service.
9. Promoting all Superintendents completing 1.5 times of qualifying service on the lines of CSS.
10. Accept the terms of reference of 7th CPC to examine the existing structure of pay, allowances & other benefits/facilities, retirement benefits like pension, gratuity & other terminal benefits; to work out comprehensive revised pay packages for the employees; determination of pay structure, benefits, facilities, retirement benefits etc. based on the need to provide minimum wages as on 01.01.14; to determine the Interim Relief needed to be sanctioned immediately to the employees; to determine the percentage of Dearness Allowance/Dearness Relief immediately to be merged with pay & pension; to revive effective employee grievance redressal mechanism for all; to work out the improvements needed to the existing retirement benefits like pension, death cum retirement gratuity, family pension & other terminal or recurring benefits maintaining parity amongst past, present & future pensioners as well as family pensioners including those who entered service on or after 01.01.04; to recommend methods for providing cashless/hassle-free medicare facilities to the employees & pensioners.
11. Ensure every five year revision of wages of Central Government Employees in future.
12. Ensure statutory pension for all.
13. Removal of restrictions imposed by Government on compassionate appointments.
14. Stop victimization of office bearers of staff Associations.
15. Ensure right to strike.
16. Stop the move to introduce performance related pay (PRP) system & extend PLB bonus for all removing bonus ceiling.
17. Revision & grant of OTA, night duty allowance rates & clothing rates to all.
18. Regularisation of ad hoc promotions based on the rules existing on the date of regularisation.
19. Fill-up all vacant posts and creation of new posts wherever justified.
20. Stop downsizing, outsourcing, contractorisation and privatization of Government functions.
21. Undoing of the MACP irregularities.
22. Implement arbitration awards.
23. Counting of regular service as per F. No. A/60/13/RTI/2006-Ad.IIIB Dt. 26.05.06 of CBEC.
24. Merger of group ‘B’ Executive non-gazetted as well as gazetted categories under CBEC into one.
25. Parity between the officers of headquarters organisations & field offices.
26. Conversion of temporary posts of Asstt. Commissioner created in the cadre restructuring to regular/permanent posts keeping the same intact for promotee officers forever.
27. Time scale after every 7 years to the officers after joining the job as Inspector.
28. Deletion of the clause in cadre restructuring notification that the officers promoted against the temporary posts of Asstt. Commissioner would not be entitled for further promotion.
29. No senior officer of Central Excise should work under the junior officer of Customs.
30. Minimal d
irect recruitment of group A “maximum upto 25%” as also in the Indian Postal Service.
31. Share of Central Excise to be kept intact to prevent its distribution among the officers of Customs.
32. Qualifying service/residency period in accordance of DOPT OM No. AB-14017/61/2008-Estt.(